Nominations are now closed!
Save the date for the ceremony: February 8th 12pm - 1:30pm at The City Brew Hall!
Reserve your tickets below!
The Wahpeton Breckenridge Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to recognize outstanding businesses, organizations, and citizens at its Annual Meeting on February 8th, 2024.
Nominations must be received by Wednesday, December 13th, 2023.
Nominate yourself, or another business, organization, or individual for the 2023 Business Awards. All awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting on February 8th, 2024.
Mark Werre Community Service Award:
The Mark Werre Award, initiated in 1991 by the Werre family in honor of Mark's community service, is dedicated to individuals or groups committed to community service. Mark, a 1966 Wahpeton High School graduate, served in the U.S. Public Health Service.
Spark Plug Award:
The Spark Plug Award is a tribute not only to the individual who consistently fuels enthusiasm, ignites innovation, and drives positive change within our community but also has shown an extra "spark of enthusiasm" for our community in the past year.
Business of the Year:
The Business of the Year Award is a recognition given to a company that has demonstrated exceptional performance, achievements, and contributions within the Wahpeton Breckenridge community.
1. Demonstrated success in areas including employment, sales and innovation
2. Dedication to quality, customer service, and commitment to employees
3. Evidence of contribution to the community and community-oriented projects
4. Additional information such as hurdles overcome, innovative management techniques, previous awards won, etc.
Non-Profit of the Year:
The Non-Profit of the Year Award is a recognition given to a non-profit organization that has demonstrated exceptional achievements, impact, and contributions to the community or a specific cause. This award acknowledges the outstanding efforts of the non-profit in fulfilling its mission and making a positive difference.
1. Evidence of contribution to the community through community-oriented projects
2. Providing professional expertise or personal talents to the community
3. Engaging in civic and/or community activities that promote the community, our residents, businesses, and educational facilities.
Chamber Service Award:
The Chamber Service Award is a recognition or honor bestowed upon an individual or business for outstanding service, dedication, and contributions to the community or the chamber itself.
Lifetime Achievement Business Award:
The Lifetime Achievement Award is a prestigious honor presented to an individual who has made significant and enduring contributions to their field, industry, or community over the course of their entire career or lifetime.