Until Voting ends!
The Wahpeton Breckenridge Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to recognize outstanding businesses, organizations, and citizens at its Annual Meeting on February 8th, 2024.
Nominations must be received by Wednesday, December 13th, 2023.
Nominate yourself, or another business, organization, or individual for the 2023 Business Awards. All awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting on February 8th, 2024.
Mark Werre Community Service Award:
The award was established in 1991 by the Werre family in honor of Mark’s life of community service. Mark was a 1966 graduate of Wahpeton High School. He worked for the U.S. Public Health Service. This award recipient is given to a person, persons, group, or organization who has displayed conspicuous service and dedication to the community.
Spark Plug Award:
This award goes to a business (usually a new business) or a person who has shown an extra "spark of enthusiasm" for our community in the past year through activities, proactive business practices, or forming positive relationships that benefit the community.
Business of the Year:
Nominee should include those businesses who have demonstrated outstanding leadership, business acumen, and professionalism within our community.
1. Demonstrated success in areas including employment, sales and innovation
2. Dedication to quality, customer service, and commitment to employees
3. Evidence of contribution to the community and community-oriented projects
4. Additional information such as hurdles overcome, innovative management techniques, previous awards won, etc.
Non-Profit of the Year:
Nominees of this Community Service Award should have displayed inspiring vision, fostered collaboration, and embodied community service as demonstrated throughout their good work within our community.
1. Evidence of contribution to the community through community-oriented projects
2. Providing professional expertise or personal talents to the community
3. Engaging in civic and/or community activities that promote the community, our residents, businesses, and educational facilities.
Chamber Service Award:
This award is presented to a Chamber member who has proactively demonstrated extraordinary enthusiasm for our organization through volunteerism, and participation in Chamber activities and/or committees. This nominee shall also have acted as a notable positive "ambassador" for our Chamber through interactions with the public and other members.
Lifetime Achievement Business Award:
The purpose of this award is to give recognition to a business or person who has been a dedicated and positive force in the Wahpeton Breckenridge business community for several decades.